Room 222, Faculty of Law (just down the hall from the main admin area)
What do we do?
- Individual career counseling (career planning, resume/cover advice and feedback, interview coaching, job search strategy)
- Provide print and on-line career-related resources and recruitment information
- Coordinate career-related workshops and events, professional development programs, networking opportunities and interview programs
- Manage a database of online postings for law jobs
Please feel free to contact us via telephone or email, schedule an appointment via WERC (Western Events, Recruitment & Career resource centre).
We use two main career platforms:
InterviewStream – http://uwo.law.interviewstream.com/
A Brief Word about Formal Recruitment for 1L Law Jobs
There are only a few markets (Toronto, Calgary, London and Ottawa (IP) [for students with a hard science background]) that have coordinated recruitment drives for 1L summer law students and the number of employers and positions is very small. All of the 1L recruitment takes place in the Jan/winter term – with the exception of Ottawa that hires IP students in the fall.
CPDOs Tips for Success
As you begin your time at Western Law we encourage you to:
- Focus on your studies (strong grades will open doors);
- Attend CPDO events and use the resources available to you; and,
- Take opportunities to get involved and develop transferable skills, by joining/participating in advocacy competitions, legal clinics, SLS leadership/clubs/committees, international internships/exchanges, bar associations and law-related affinity groups, sports/intramurals and/or organizations in the broader Western and local community.
Welcome to Western Law. We look forward to assisting you with your career planning needs!