Life in London
London can be considered either a big city or a small city, depending on where you grew up. Fortunately, London offers the best of both worlds: big city excitement with a small town feel. It has restaurants, pubs, clubs, shopping malls, museums, theatres, festivals, the London Symphonia, and the beautiful Covent Garden Market. It also has a great hockey arena, Budweiser Gardens, which features big name concerts and sporting events. For nature and exercise enthusiasts London has numerous public parks, bike paths, and an extensive trail system that runs along the Thames River right on to Western’s campus. In good weather you can also enjoy the beaches of two Great Lakes (Huron and Erie) in Grand Bend and Port Stanley.
- City of London: www.london.ca
- London Transit Commission: www.ltconline.ca
- Tourism London: www.londontourism.ca
- City of London: www.yourlondoncalling.ca (This is a website created by students about the post-secondary experience in London)
Getting Downtown from the Law School
Exit the Law School building and walk across the traffic circle to Alumni Hall. Take either the “106 Richmond” or the “2 Dundas”. We also recommend downloading the “Transit” app, as it can help you find the best bus route to take you anywhere in London!
Shopping Mall Near Campus
Masonville Place is located in north London. It is one of the larger malls in London and also boasts a Famous Players SilverCity. Take the “13 Wellington” bus north. Visit: www.cfshops.com/masonville-place.html
Grocery Stores Near Campus
- Valumart: Oxford Street & Richmond Street (Note that they provide a 10% discount to students on Tuesdays).
- Loblaws: Richmond Street & Fanshawe Park Road, across the street from Masonville Place. (Note that they provide a 10% discount to students on Tuesdays).
- Metro: Two Locations:
- Oxford Street West between Platt’s Lane
- Cherryhill Blvd. at Cherryhill Village Mall and Adelaide Road between Victoria Avenue & Cheapside Avenue
- No Frills: Fanshawe Park Road and Wonderland Road North
- Food Basics: Wonderland Road at Sherwood Forest Mall
- BulkBarn: Students get 10% off on Wednesdays – 1965 Hyde Park Road & 50 North Centre Road